The Bar Library
The Bar of Northern Ireland is an association of independent barristers based in the Bar Library, Belfast. Providing a range of benefits to barristers and solicitors alike they identified the need for an internal intranet that would enhance many areas for both internal staff and the barristers themselves.
flamegreen worked inhouse over a period of two months to carefully identify the true requirements of the intranet and produced a solution that has given an substantial return on their initial and ongoing investment.
- Room and meeting booking system
- Database of barristers, their key skills and qualifications, languages spoken and personal information
- Database of solicitors
- SMS messaging system
- Advanced reporting system that is used to automatically produce the annual 600+ page N.I Barrister pages
- Secure synchronisation of relevant data onto their public website using web services
After 4 years of use and the expansion of features, flamegreen is now reviewing the system and will start developing the next version of their intranet platform in early 2009.
- Client : The Bar Library
- Timescale : 10 weeks
- Scope : Requirements capture, specification, design and development